Not too long ago, I spent an extended weekend in London. Here’s the most memorable moment.
I don’t remember exactly where we were going or which day it was. Ann was faster than me down the stairs to the Tube. I couldn’t get over how much I liked her fancy boots; and in my outfit, I felt like a slob next to her.
I heard the music. It was one guy, standing in the tunnel, strumming his guitar. In truth, I hate passing street musicians because anyone I’m ever with never wants to stop and listen. I wanted to stop and listen.
“He sounds just like Chris Martin,” said Ann as we passed, unfortunately.
You know I love you so.*
The world could disappear because even with everything gone, I would never — and even now, will never — forget that…
- distance cannot impair love,
- love is many things but not weak,
- I could never simply choose not to love you,
- things hardly come the way I expect,
- the stars shine for you,
- I know what I want us to be,
- good things are worth fighting for,
- our hearts are bound in a way I have yet to understand,
- you love me.
*From “Yellow” by Coldplay. Highly recommendable.