Several days ago, writer and blogger Jodie Llewellyn posted a questionnaire (thanks goodness for spellcheck) that I know some people have been participating in. I’ve been a bit clueless as what to post lately, so here it goes…
THREE THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF:
1. My car’s color has been called green, yellow, kiwi, and gold. I think it looks like snot – or puke.
2. I like fast cars. I want to drive a Lamborghini on the Autobahn once I turn twenty-five.
3. I live in Germany, so the Autobahn is just outside my door. Until now, I have never driven a car I trusted enough to go more than 160 km/h, which is approx. 100 mph. (I don’t know why I am only talking about cars.)
THREE THINGS THAT SCARE YOU:
1. Spiders. I’m not copying Jodie on this one, and those of you who know me even just a bit will affirm this.
2. Empty parks.
THREE OF YOUR EVERYDAY ESSENTIALS:
1. A gadget with internet access.
3. Food. Sorry, can’t think of anything.
THREE OF YOUR FAVORITE HOBBIES:
2. Cooking – if I am not writing, which is rare.
3. Listening to music. Yes, that is a hobby. When possible, I always have music playing.
THREE CAREERS YOU’RE CONSIDERING/YOU’VE CONSIDERED:
1. For a while (pre-teen/teen years), I was serious about becoming a teacher.
3. HR/Accounting… What I do.
THREE BOOKS YOU HAVE RECENTLY READ:
1. Divergent by Veronica Roth.
2. Blackout by Connie Willis.
3. Help! for Writers by Roy Peter Clark (currently reading).
THREE THINGS YOU ARE WORKING ON, WRITING WISE:
1. I am desperately trying to figure out how and where to start the story in Hidden People. I have made some major changes, and I am basically writing a new first draft.
2. I am sticking to one project at a time – in this case, Hidden People. I do write a piece of flash fiction or a random blog post in between.
3. I am working on getting better at critiquing other writers’ work. I’m not very good at this. At all.
THREE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE:
1. Refer back to questions about myself. 22o km/h would be cool. That’s the minimum. I’d have to see how brave/reckless I am in the moment. Otherwise, maybe more.
2. Publish a book and make at least a bit of money on it. 😀
3. There aren’t many things I would say that I have to have done before I die. I like to think in mindsets and “lifestyles.” Until I die, I want to live according to God’s will. If that includes marriage, singleness, children, health, sickness, financial success or not, I want to accept it and make the most of whatever is given.
THREE CELEB IDOLS (or crushes):
1. Liam Hemsworth.
2. And I’m already blanking… I am not too crazy about celebrities. Mostly, I like characters in a movie, and I pay little to no attention to the actual actor and his personal life. It usually ruins them for me. (Oh, maybe Channing Tatum.)
3. will.i.am. I only like him on The Voice UK. He’s brilliant.
1. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose.” – Jim Elliot (I may write a blogpost on this one in case it doesn’t make sense to some.)
2. “Wherever you are, be all there.” – Jim Elliot
3. “Resolved, that I will live so as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.” – Jonathan Edwards
I think this questionnaire is cool, and I love reading about other people. So if you are reading this, you are obligated to write a post about it. Once you do or if you already have, link it in the comments so I can read it!